Little does Jed know that when I get the time... I will either travel or engulf myself with crafts. Currently the public schools here in Oklahoma City are on fall break for the next two weeks. Dont really have the money to travel (plus Jed doesnt want me to have fun with the family without him) so I am getting ready for halloween and christmas. Here are some of my crafts:
Indy came to me and asked if I would help her make Kiona's costume. We had so much fun looking at super cute baby costumes. Luckily tutus are in! I make this is two days!!
Indy already had the black onesie and the felt and fabric costed us $3. We found the cute headband at Micheals for $5. Total price of costume $8 Super cute Kiona as a ladybug for halloween... priceless!!
Indy and I bought the fabric one day and then the next day when I saw Jed off to work at 4 am I just sat right down and started with the costume. I was soooooo anxious to see how it would turn out that I couldnt stop! Sadly I had to get ready for church and make Jed dinner. But then I picked it back up early the next morning and was finished!! I was easy to hand sew on the felt. I wish I would of stenciled out the letters instead of free hand them but its still super cute!!!
The fun part about all this was having Indy dress Kiona in the ladybug costume!!
I currently sew home decor pillow cases for my sister and her online shop with etsy. Im such a wizard at this that Jed and I picked out some fabric that we both like and I made us home decor pillows for our living room. Yesterday Jed picked up one of the pillows, examined it and said... "Im so glad that you are crafty. Our apartment looks so nice now. I cant wait till I start making the big money because our house is going to look so cool with all your decorating skills."
Jed and I have no christmas stuff what so ever! I caught the chirstmas fever and rushed to hancock and picked out fabric for matching stockings!! I cant wait till these are done!! Im going to handstitch felt letters of our names on the trim. Jed told me I better make it big enough to fit an ipad in there. We will see. I think this year all he will get is a lump of coal. Im keeping a close eye on him for the next couple of weeks maybe the odds will be in his favor. He knows how much I love choclate.
There is a couple with the paramedic group that had a baby boy and I wanted to make them a rag quilt for the chilly fall weather. They dont know that I am making it for them ( they are this years secret santa receivers ) This is a fun tradition that I want to keep doing every year.
I have to get these projects done soon. One week has already come and gone! Although Im happy to know that I still have time to make the home decor pillows when people order them and spend time with Jed when he gets off his 12 hour shifts. Cant wait for the thanksgiving break! christmas ornaments here I come!
You're too cute with your craftiness! And you are too good at those crafts! I LOVE the lady bug costume and I LOVE that you free handed the letters, super cute! Her little girl is adorable!!
ReplyDeleteThose projects next sound super fun!
So.....you and jef aren't traveling for the holidays are you? Because we were thinking to travel home for thanksgiving but if your going to be there formchristmas we would switch!
I think that the letters are super cute, one of my favorite parts, so good thing you didn't stencil them. I can't believe how professional the things you do work out. Very impressive, I'm glad I found your blog, you are amazing!
ReplyDelete